The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception
416 W 12th Street Kansas City, MO 64105
Phone: (816) 842-0416
As the mother church of the Diocese, The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception is the spiritual, prophetic and physical symbol of the Catholic presence in the area. The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Parish is the oldest worshiping congregation of Kansas City, dating back to a log cabin church at 11th and Pennsylvania in 1834……. The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception was officially named in 1893.
The stained glass windows were installed in 1912. The windows were made by local artists at the Kansas City Stained Glass Works Company. The rose window and windows in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel were designed by Michael Pilla and installed in 19??
Windows on the east side of the sanctuary depict scenes from Jesus’ early life, from the Annunciation to his Baptism. All scenes on the west side are from his public ministry, after his baptism, and include two windows depicting scenes from the parables of the Prodigal Son and the Good Shepherd.
Additional information about the Cathedral and the stained glass windows in the Cathedral may be found on the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception page located elsewhere in this blog. (Clicking on the highlighted name will take you to that page.)
Remember, clicking on any image in this blog will enlarge the image for closer viewing.